When everyone is busy and each day is full of work and running the children around, it can be difficult managing time. Anyone who is successful knows that effective time management is vital to obtaining and keeping that same level of success. But there are some simple things that you can learn to do today to help you be more successful and keep on your schedule each day.
These three tips can help anyone get double the work out of their day.
1. The first thing to do is to lose those activities that are not going to waste your time. Anything that is not productive should be eliminated to make time for those tasks that are going to bring success into your life.
- Email – The most time that should be taken on this correspondence is a half an hour. Those who have email based businesses are going to spend more time but personal email should limit their time that they spend on this task.
- Telephone – The telephone can be a huge distraction. It is wise to turn it off or only take those calls that pertain to business. No personal calls should ever be answered during the hours at work.
- Television – The television can be great for background noise but this is also very distracting. The first thing to keep in mind is the television should never be on until the work is done. There are enough distractions in every working day without purposely adding one extra in to the mix.
2. Lists are a great way to get organized and when you are organized, you are going to accomplish more in less time. This is a way to achieve time management mastery. The following are some tips for creating lists that are going to help to gain this goal:
- Start with a list of the day’s activities and what needs to be done.
- Each task needs to have a time limit set so that you can know exactly how much you can realistically accomplish.
- Begin the list with those tasks that must be accomplished for the day. Have them listed from the most important to the least important.
- Have a set plan for each task.
3. Do not allow any other distractions to interrupt the day’s work. Consistency is the name of the game when it comes to managing time better. Create lists with long term and short term goals and prioritize them. Do not allow unnecessary interruptions to create distractions from completing your goals.